- Integrated 75:1 HP micro metal gearmotors that offer a good blend of speed (up to 2 feet per second), power, and control.
- Mounted array of six IR reflectance sensors that allows the Zumo to detect contrasts in reflectivity directly beneath its blade, which can be used for following lines or detecting edges (e.g. the white outer area of a sumo ring or the edge of a table).
- Integrated DRV8835 dual motor drivers capable of delivering enough current for the Zumo’s two high-power gearmotors.
- Piezo buzzer for playing simple sounds and music. The buzzer is controlled by one of the Arduino’s PWM outputs, so tones can be generated in the background without taking up a lot of processing power.
- Integrated LSM303D 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis magnetometer that can be used to detect impacts. The compass gets a lot of interference from the motors, batteries, PCB, and its surroundings, so it is not generally useful for precision navigation, but we have found that with proper calibration, it can be used for rough orientation measuring in many environments. This part is an upgrade over the LSM303DLHC accelerometer/magnetometer IC included on previous versions of the Zumo shield for Arduino.
- Integrated L3GD20H 3-axis gyroscope that can be used to track rotation. This is new on the v1.2 version of the Zumo shield; previous versions did not include a gyro. With this sensor and the LSM303D mentioned above, the shield effectively has a built-in MinIMU-9 v3 IMU module that can optionally be used to make a attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) so that your robot can its orientation.
- Optional user pushbutton on pin 12.
- 7.5 V boost regulator for powering the Arduino from the Zumo’s 4 AA batteries.
- Convenient access to Arduino I/O lines, the pin 13 user LED, and the Arduino reset line via the shield.
- General-purpose prototyping areas and an expansion area at the front for connecting additional sensors.
- Compatible with the Arduino Uno R3 and Arduino Leonardo. Can also be used with older Arduinos that have the same form factor, like the Duemilanove.
- Arduino libraries and sample code make getting started easy.
- Detailed user’s guide.
Required accessories (not included)
- Arduino R3
6 Months Warranty
This item is covered with a supplier warranty of 6 months from the time of delivery against manufacturing defects only. This is a quality product from the original manufacturer. Only manufacturing defects are covered under this warranty. Reimbursement or replacement will be done against manufacturing defects.
What voids the warranty:
If the product is subject to misuse, tampering, static discharge, accident, water or fire damage, use of chemicals & soldered or altered in any way.
What is Customer Question & Answers?
Customer Questions & Answers allows you to connect with supplier to ask or answer questions about products. You can ask questions about a product or use your own expertise to answer other customers' questions.
What should I ask?
Ask questions specific to the product. This is a great opportunity to get feedback from other customers who have experience with the product. Ask a question that will capture this experience. For example:
- Does this raspberry pi camera take good quality pictures in low light?
- How long does the battery last, while flying quadcopter?
- Does this robotic kit includes with batterys?